The third step to reading like a grownup is thinking through what you’ve read. This video teaches you the important questions to ask about your reading.
- “The Big Two-Hearted River” by Ernest Hemingway–This is the story we’ll be using throughout this course to practice the Read Like a Grown Up method.
- My Reading Journal Notes for “The Big Two-Hearted River”–A pdf containing all my reading notes for this story.
Looking for a digital notebook? Be sure to check out Evernote:
- Evernote Software–Download your copy of this incredibly powerful productivity software.
- Evernote Essentials, Brett Kelly–This e-book was invaluable when I started using Evernote. Without it, I wouldn’t have realized the full power and usefulness of Evernote for years. It isn’t free, but I highly recommend it to ever Evernote user–especially beginners.
To dig deeper into the topics discussed in the video, check out these books:
- The Well-Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had, Susan Wise Bauer–If you need more help analyzing your books, this is the place to start. Bauer gives a lot of helpful and applicable questions and guidelines for analyzing different genres of books.
Talk About This Course
If you enjoyed this video, take a minute to tell your friends or family how to sign up for this course. Or share your thoughts and questions in the comments below.Go to Lesson Four >>