Welcome to Lesson 9!
In this lesson we will discuss:
- the Saturnine atmosphere, characters, themes, and lessons of The Last Battle
- the characteristics and influences of Saturn and what we need to learn about responding to tragedy and death with faith
- how Christ uses trials and tragedy to shape and sift us, and ultimately to fill us with blessings
Video #1 (Chs. 1-4)
Video #2 (Chs. 5-8)
Video #3 (Chs. 9-12)
Video #4 (Chs. 13-16)
Homework for Next Lesson
That’s it for this lesson! Before starting the next lesson, be sure you do the following things:
- Share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below.
- Review your notes and reading guides for this class. Look back over your reading guides and notes and to remember what you have learned from your own journey through Narnia.
- Download the Book Bones for The Last Battle.
- Email me any questions you have!
If you’d like to study further the ideas we discussed in this lesson, I recommend the following:
- “De Futilitate” in Christian Reflections by C.S. Lewis
- “The Seeing Eye” in Christian Reflections by C.S. Lewis
- Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer by C.S. Lewis
- A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
- “Saturn’s Sands of Time” in The Narnia Code by Michael Ward
- “Saturn” in Planet Narnia by Michael Ward