Welcome to Lesson 8!
In this lesson we will discuss the following:
- the Venereal atmosphere, characters, themes, and lessons of The Magician’s Nephew
- the characteristics and influences of Venus and what we need to learn about ordering our loves
- how Christ orders and shapes our loves so that we can live fully human lives
Homework for Next Lesson
That’s it for this lesson! Before starting the next lesson, be sure you do the following things:
- Share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below.
- Read all of The Last Battle. Click here to download a copy of the reading guide. Remember that the reading guides should enhance your reading, not get in the way of it. Use it in the best way you see fit.
- Download the Book Bones for The Magician’s Nephew.
- Email me any questions you have!
The theme of rightly ordered loves was extremely important to C.S. Lewis. Several of his books discuss this theme at length:
- The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
- The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
- Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- “Apples are from Venus” in The Narnia Code by Michael Ward
- “Venus” in Planet Narnia by Michael Ward