Welcome to Lesson 7!
In this lesson we will discuss the following:
- the Mercurial atmosphere, characters, themes, and lessons of The Horse and His Boy
- the characteristics and influences of Mercury and what we need to learn about true human language and relationships
- how Christ’s incarnation gives us the pattern of human language, human relationships, and human freedom
Video #1 (Chs. 1-3)
Video #2 (Chs. 4-7)
Video #3 (Chs. 8-11)
Video #4 (Chs. 12-15)
Homework for Next Lesson
That’s it for this lesson! Before starting the next lesson, be sure you do the following things:
- Share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below.
- Read all of The Magician’s Nephew. Click here to download a copy of the reading guide. Remember that the reading guides should enhance your reading, not get in the way of it. Use it in the best way you see fit.
- Download the Book Bones for The Horse and His Boy.
- Email me any questions you have!
If you’d like to study further the ideas we discussed in this lesson, I recommend the following:
- “Bluspels and Flalansferes: A Semantic Nightmare” in Selected Literary Essays by C.S. Lewis
- Miracles by C.S. Lewis
- “Mercury’s Winged Cap” in The Narnia Code by Michael Ward
- “Mercury” in Planet Narnia by Michael Ward