Welcome to Lesson 5!
In this lesson we will discuss:
- the Solar atmosphere, characters, themes, and lessons of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- the characteristics and influences of Sol and what we need to learn about liberality, wisdom, and dragon-slaying
- how Christ’s influence causes us to reflect His light both inwardly and outwardly
Homework for Next Lesson
That’s it for this lesson! Before starting the next lesson, be sure you do the following things:
- Share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below.
- Read all of The Silver Chair. Click here to download a copy of the reading guide. Remember that the reading guides should enhance your reading, not get in the way of it. Use it in the best way you see fit.
- Download the Book Bones for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
- Email me any questions you have!
If you’d like to study further the ideas we discussed in this lesson, I recommend the following:
- “Transposition” in The Weight of Glory by C.S. Lewis
- “The World’s Last Night” in The World’s Last Night and Other Essays by C.S. Lewis
- “Sunlight’s Golden Treasury” in The Narnia Code by Michael Ward
- “Sol” in Planet Narnia by Michael Ward