Welcome to Lesson 4!
In this lesson we will discuss:
- the Martial atmosphere, characters, themes, and lessons of Prince Caspian
- the characteristics and influences of Mars and what we need to learn about obedience to proper authority
- what Christ’s knighthood is really like, and how his people are to imitate it
Homework for Next Lesson
That’s it for this lesson! Before starting the next lesson, be sure you do the following things:
- Share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below.
- Read all of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Click here to download a copy of the reading guide. Remember that the reading guides should enhance your reading, not get in the way of it. Use it in the best way you see fit.
- Download the Book Bones for Prince Caspian.
- Email me any questions you have!
If you’d like to study further the ideas we discussed in this lesson, I recommend the following:
- “Why I Am Not a Pacifist” in The Weight of Glory by C.S. Lewis
- “The Necessity of Chivalry” in Present Concerns by C.S. Lewis
- Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis
- “The Knight’s Tale” in The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
- “The Wooden Shield of Mars” in The Narnia Code by Michael Ward
- “Mars” in Planet Narnia by Michael Ward