Welcome to Lesson 3!
In this lesson we will discuss:
- the Jovian/jovial atmosphere, characters, themes, and lessons of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
- the characteristics and influences of Jupiter and what we need to learn about being jovial
- what Christ’s kingship is really like, and how his people are to imitate it
Homework for Next Lesson
That’s it for this lesson! Before starting the next lesson, be sure you do the following things:
- Share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below.
- Read all of Prince Caspian. Click here to download a copy of the reading guide. Remember that the reading guides should enhance your reading, not get in the way of it. Use it in the best way you see fit.
- Download the Book Bones for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
- Email me any questions you have!
If you’d like to study further the ideas we discussed in this lesson, I recommend the following:
- That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis
- “Donne and Love Poetry in the Seventeenth Century” in Selected Literary Essays by C.S. Lewis.
- “Jupiter’s Kingly Crown” in The Narnia Code by Michael Ward
- “Jupiter” in Planet Narnia by Michael Ward