Hello, everyone! Welcome to Lesson 3 on Beowulf.
In this lesson we will discuss:
- How the peaceweaver used her position to bring peace
- What the monsters mean in this poem
- Beowulf’s fight against the second monster
That’s it for this lesson! Be sure do the following before moving on:
- Share your thoughts and questions about this lesson in the comment section below.
- Read lines 1651-2509 of Beowulf. Remember to read with a pencil as you go!
If you’d like to study further the ideas we discussed in this lesson, read the essays and introductions in these two books:
- Beowulf: A Verse Translation (Norton Critical Editions), edited by Daniel Donoghue, translated by Seamus Heaney
- Beowulf: A Dual-Language Translation, translated by Howell D. Chickering